No one can find our house….
Not necessarily a “Bad” thing……but for the umteenth time this week I had to over-direct a delivery guy to our house…”It’s the one with the orange door”, Duhhhh
What the Hell ? We hung new stainless numbers when we moved in….I can see them in the picture on our header. See them up there? Right over the mailbox? Well , you can’t actually see them from the street.
When I took a look at the curb I saw this…..
I wouldn’t be able to find us either…How many numbers are painted on there anyway?
Something had to be done…So we set out to repaint them.
I started with frog tape and white spray primer..
Frog tape is amazing…….The trick with spray paint is to do several light coats. It shouldn’t look perfectly solid until the second or third coat.
We primed the space white first because we wanted to do more than just “stencil” the house numbers. We found these 5 inch adhesive house numbers at the H-Depot.
I cut them out of the little white rectangles with scissors and an exacto knife, then stuck them on our new primed white rectangle. I put them just slightly higher than center, so they would be on the top part of the curb.
I wanted the white to be revealed when I peeled them up. The concrete is very porous, and the numbers don’t stick very well, so the trick here is to prime white again over the numbers…..that way all the bleed-through will be white. I do this a couple of times, from a few different angles. Thin, light coats……
Next I sprayed a couple of coats of the black primer over the whole deal.
The heat of the day kept everything drying pretty quickly.
I carefully peeled up my frog tape and the adhesive numbers….and had this perfection….
A little bit of bleed through, but over all a thousand times better….and WAAAYYYY fancier than plain stenciled numbers…