Perfect summer cocktail, Hands Down.
Our friend Adam told us about this drink, although he is way to straight to have thought it up by himself.
But first, Do you have a basil plant?
You’re gunna want to get one after you read this recipe. Our poor little plant can barely keep up with our demand.
Here’s what’s ya need……
- Couple leaves of fresh basil
- Sonic ice, it makes a big difference, like in a Julip
- Vodka, we use Western Son (Texas made, yes they have such a thing)
- Grapefruit San Pellegrino
- Monogrammed cocktail napkin optional
Crush/tear a few basil leaves with your hands and mix them with a glass mostly full of Sonic ice. (Sonic sells bags of ice for 2 bucks and we always grab a few for parties. It is the best) Splash a shot, or possibly 2 shots, of your favorite vodka over the whole mess and stir together. Fill the glass the rest of the way with grapefruit San Pellegrino.
Enjoy on your patio. (Or in a to-go cup at the public pool like our friend Adam does)