We have a few fall-back meals that we both agree on.
They have to meet 3 criteria……
Quick, Easy and Delicious.
This one is my new favorite.
Mix a pound of ground lamb with the following:
- Small Diced Shallot
- 3-4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Mint
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
Divide the lamb mixture into 4 equal parts and shape into patties.
Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side…….’till they’re firm.
Slip them into a pita pocket and you’re ready to go.
Jamie likes his lamb burgers with a smear of hummus and crumbled feta. I prefer a fat slice of beefsteak tomato and home-made tzatziki.
Why yes, I’d be glad to tell y’all how to make tzatziki.
Peel 2 cucumbers and slice in half. Remove the seeds by scraping them out with a teaspoon.
Use a cheese grater to grate the seeded cucumbers into a bowl.
Squeeze the liquid from the cucumber and toss. Mix the newly grated, dryer cucumber with the following:
- 8 Ounce Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Italian Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Mint
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Coriander Seed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
Spoon that stuff over the lamb burgers and prepare for your life to change.
(OOOOhhh, and the amber beer is a mandatory accompaniment)