There’s only so much we can tackle by ourselves on a bathroom remodel.
Well……..Everything so far….except for the plumbing.
We found a professional plumber for that. (Probably a good idea)
Here’s our list for him:
- Move water lines for sink to the left of the stud about 14″
- Move drain closer to the vent on the left
- New wall will be 4″ thicker
- Move water lines for shower to center wall
- Replace water line for toilet
- Replace toilet flange and adjust for new floor height
- Replace shower drain and center on floor
- Also, is this a good time to move the outdoor faucet to the side of the house? (Easy access when we remove the shower floor completely)
We WILL build a deck out there one day and this is problem numero uno. We can not have a faucet under the new deck.
Back to the bathroom….
- We also need him to install a custom shower pan liner and all the new fixtures. We were looking forward to installing the toilet ourselves, but all the reviews online stated that it was tough to do……..so let’s just pay him to do that too.
Is that everything?
Nope, while he’s here…
- how about changing the knobs in the other, currently working, shower? They are a little …….embarrassing.
Of course, Jamie wants him to bid out installing a tank-less water heater……
Stay tuned…there’s more to come.