There’s only so much we can tackle by ourselves on a bathroom remodel.
Well……..Everything so far….except for the plumbing.
We found a professional plumber for that. (Probably a good idea)
Here’s our list for him:
- Move water lines for sink to the left of the stud about 14″
- Move drain closer to the vent on the left
- New wall will be 4″ thicker
- Move water lines for shower to center wall
- Replace water line for toilet
- Replace toilet flange and adjust for new floor height
- Replace shower drain and center on floor
- Also, is this a good time to move the outdoor faucet to the side of the house? (Easy access when we remove the shower floor completely)
We WILL build a deck out there one day and this is problem numero uno. We can not have a faucet under the new deck.
Back to the bathroom….
- We also need him to install a custom shower pan liner and all the new fixtures. We were looking forward to installing the toilet ourselves, but all the reviews online stated that it was tough to do……..so let’s just pay him to do that too.
Is that everything?
Nope, while he’s here…
- how about changing the knobs in the other, currently working, shower? They are a little …….embarrassing.
Of course, Jamie wants him to bid out installing a tank-less water heater……
Stay tuned…there’s more to come.
Wow, sounds like you have really thought of everything. I hope it goes smoothly.
Good luck, guys! This is going to be fabulous when it’s all done! Very exciting for us to watch in the meantime!
i like that plastic covered insulation that lowe’s carries. are you going to use a ditra shower kit? I am really impressed by those or the ones by goof proof shower. good job. looks great.
If you join and post the picture of your bath spigots on diychatroom.com one of the plumbers there can probably identify the brand. Then you can go to a plumbing supply house and pick out a new trim kit…you might even order on line. I KNOW you want to pick out the new spigots right? Most plumbers seem to ride with those ugly plastic crystal knobs…there are better options.
Had to smile at the plumber’s list! Since we live so far from civilization it is always $100 for any service repair to just show up. I make sure I have multiple repairs lined up before I have them come out!
I can wait for the big reveal!
I meant I “can’t” wait for the big reveal.